Thursday, October 22, 2009

Channeling Her Inner Jillian....

I haven't talked much lately about working out or going to the gym or being tortured by Denise, queen of the personal trainers. So let's talk about it today!

Back in September, the gym offered a personal training special - 10% off the price of 10 sessions. Well, being in full 'I can't spend any money' mode, I took this as a great opportunity to buy 10 sessions with Denise. After all, it's for my health, so I can justify spending that money while I don't have a job, right?

So, since there was a session of boot camp during September, I deferred using those sessions with her until October. I let Denise talk me into meeting her on Thursday mornings at 8:00 a.m. Holy Moly!! Not being a morning person, exercising at 8 is a real challenge. But I keep telling myself that if I can survive 3 weeks of boot camp at 6:00 a.m., 8 is a piece of cake.

Sure.

I think Denise has found a new mission in life: pushing Kel to her limit and ability, and then pushing a little harder. O.M.G.!!!!! These workouts have been tough! From heavier weights to new exercises to more cardio, it's been rough. My elliptical workout is now on incline 10, resistance 4, over 100 strides per minute for at least 3 minutes. Man, was I huffing and puffing! But, it got my heart rate up to where it needs to be to get the burn going.

Oh, and while I'm huffing and puffing on the elliptical, Denise was happily changing the settings on the machine, smiling and laughing... I told her she was channeling her inner Jillian. And she needed to stop it.

But she didn't. She just cracked the whip, pushed me a little harder and gave me 'homework' to do before our meeting next Thursday.

As I left the gym dripping with sweat and breathing heavily, I only had one thought:

Thank goodness for Denise!

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: