Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Monday....

Aero decided that he needed to go outside this morning while I was still sleeping. He barked until I was half-awake and as I looked around the room, it was still dark. Oh good. Maybe it's like 2 or 3 in the morning and I'll have time to come back and get some more sleep. WRONG. It was 4:35 a.m. and my alarm was set for 5:00 - gotta get up and be out of the house for 5:40 to make it to boot camp on time!

So, grudgingly, I dragged myself out of bed while the little dog jumped and turned circles on the bed until I picked him up. At any time of the night, when he goes out, I put on his retractable leash and open the front door. He doesn't need me to go out there with him, and with the leash, he can't go far. Well, this morning, he decided that after getting to the grass and doing his business, he was tired. So he laid down in the grass, looking at me standing in the door with my nighgown on. No amount of coaxing or tugging on the leash would get the little beast to come in. I certainly hope that none of my neighbors were up and looking out of their windows when I went out to pick him up and carry him in....

By the time I got back to bed, it was 4:45, so I did one of those "Okay, I've got 15 minutes to close my eyes until the alarm goes off" routines. Except the little dog was wide awake and wanted to play. So, my last 15 minutes of rest was spent telling Aero 'puppy go night-night' and trying to get him to calm down. That alarm sounded much quicker than I wanted.

But, it was ok. At least I was up, awake and moving fairly quickly as I packed my bag to head over to boot camp. Today was the third-to-last day and, even though I hate to admit it, I think I'm going to miss it next week! Don't get me wrong - I curse under my breath the whole 45 minutes as I try to master the pieces and parts of the workout. But, when the time is up and we're stowing our mats, weights and stretching bands, I find that I'm a little disappointed that it went so fast. Who would have ever guessed.

On my way out to my car this morning, I stopped to talk with Stephanie, one of the owners of EWHC (where boot camp is being held). My question: will there be another boot camp soon? It was like another out-of-body experience - I heard the voice and it was mine, but was I really asking for another session? Did I fall on my head or have another lack of oxygen experience this morning that may have affected my brain?

Or maybe it was staning in my front yard in my nightgown at 4:30 this morning that made me a little crazier than usual....

Until next time,
Kel

No comments: