Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wow - Has It Been THAT Long?

I'm a little shocked at myself for 'ignoring' my blog for so long.  It hasn't been on purpose.  It's just life got a little crazy lately and I haven't kept up.  Here's the scoop:

I don't remember much about April.  Except I got a new haircut (and you thought I was gonna say dog, didn't you?).  Totally different style for me and SHORT.  It was quite the shock.  Oh, and I won 2 round-trip tickets to anywhere in the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Hawaii.  Am thinking I'll go see Christian play football in his senior year.

I do remember May:  work, work, work.  And work some more.  Our office moved and with that came the crazy overtime.  In six weeks time (May through the middle of June), I worked nearly 70 hours of overtime.  I'd get home at night and just be downright pooped.  All that time included some weekends, too.  It wasn't pretty.

June.  Yep, added another year to my life.  Feel like I'm 10 years older and am starting to look my age.  At least I think so.  The crazy overtime continues.  I had a complete meltdown one day in the office.  That was fun and caused my boss to make me take 2 days off to regroup.

And here it is July.  Well, I'm writing this while sitting in my office waiting for a call from DC to walk me through some server work.  Umm-hmm.  Overtime again tonight.

Other news that I haven't reported:  still no dog.  With all the time away from home, I've kinda put my search on hold, but have been applying to various rescue groups.  Still not much hope since they all seem to be so picky about working full time and leaving a dog alone all day.  Stupid people.

On the workout front, I had gotten up to going to the gym 5 days a week, thanks to a challenge by my trainer Denise.  Oh, yes, I'm still working out with her and she's still kicking my butt.  I had slacked off during June, but am determined to get back to my 5 days a week this month and for the rest of the year.  I've started riding Mr. Stationary Bike for my cardio.  At the end of May, it took me nearly 30 minutes to ride about a mile and a half.  After a couple of challenges from Denise, I'm up to 7 miles in under an hour.  But boy, does that seat hurt!!!

So friends, that's what's happening in my little 'Korner' of the world.  I hope to get back here to post more often - I'm always composing something in my mind but never quite get to the sitting down and typing it part.

Hope you're all well....

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: