Saturday, March 6, 2010

My First Day of Vacation

________________________
EDITED TO ADD:

This was supposed to be about Friday, but because I was writing in the middle of the night, it was posted for Saturday.  Sorry!!
________________________

Well, the firm's employee handbook 'recommends' that new employees not take any time off for their first 90 days.  Well, today is day 94 and I wasted no time taking today off!

Not that I just took off a day to be taking it off. Nosiree.  I had a purpose:  today was the start of one of my annual scrapbooking retreats!

We normally get together to scrap on Saturday and Sunday, but this year, the hostess with the mostest, my friend Cathy, added Friday as an option.  So, I worked up the nerve to ask my boss for today off and was able to join my scrappy friends today.

It's been a fun afternoon and evening with them.  We had a dirty gift exchange (or white elephant gift exchange as some people call it) and I ended up with a great pad of scrapbook paper and some flowers that you use for embellishments on your pages.  Everyone got really nice gifts tonight and it was fun to watch the stealing.

Well, it's just after 1 a.m. and I should really get some sleep.  Tomorrow's going to be a long day of scrapping, laughing, sharing, scrapping and more laughing.  I can't wait!!

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: