Saturday, March 13, 2010

Let the Search Begin...

So, it has been just over 3 weeks since my Aero left this world.  And I'm so ready for a dog!!!

Now, don't get me wrong.  I still miss that little furry face terribly.  But I also feel the emptiness in the house when I come home at night.  Selifshly, I miss having a happy wagging tail when I come home at night.

I applied to a Dachshund rescue group here in California on Thursday, and to a Yorkshire Terrier rescue group on Friday and am still waiting to hear from them.  I've also been looking online at the available dogs at the Humane Society and and another group called Pets in Need.

Today, I went to Pets In Need to visit the little furry guys and girls, hoping to make a 'love connection' while I was there.  There were 2 dogs that I saw that I wanted to meet - a Terrier mix named Happy and a Chihuahua mix named Zoe.  Happy looked outgoing and energetic through the glass, and Zoe seemed a little shy, but the picture that was posted online made her look like she was a bundle of energy.

Well, the attendant trotted Happy out to meet me and he wasn't interested.  He pretty much ignored me until I had treats in my hand - then he became my friend.  But in the time he was with me, he just didn't seem to care.  He was more interested in my friend Stephanie than me.  So, I asked to meet Zoe.

OMG.  Zoe was so afraid!  She weighed upwards of 15 pounds and must have been a cross with a tall dog because she was a lot bigger than I expected.  The attendant put her in my lap (she was much bigger than what I'd consider a lap dog) and she pretty much ignored me.  She wouldn't look at me, even when I tried.  She didn't shake or appear to be nervous, but again, she seemed to like Stephanie.

It was kind of depressing that 2 dogs in a row didn't like me.  Heck, I'm a likeable person!

So, I left the shelter with my application on file, and will probably return in a couple of weeks to meet more dogs. 

Sigh.

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: