Monday, August 4, 2008

Boot Camp Round 2

This morning was the first session of a new Boot Camp with Denise. Last night as I was packing my bag with toiletries, work clothes, curling iron and various other getting ready for work items, I was dreading getting up at 5:00 a.m. today.

Surprisingly, my eyes popped open at about 4:50 - a full 10 minutes before the first alarm went off! Hmmm, could it be that I was looking forward to the 45 minutes of exercise torture? Aero just looked at me with very sleepy eyes, then rolled over and went back to sleep.

I managed to arrive at 5:50 a.m., my usual time. I was surprised that there were already 2 people waiting at the front door - they beat me there?!!! C'mon, I'm usually the first one in the parking lot. Note to self: leave 5 minutes earlier on Wednesday. As I approached the front door, they asked if I was there for boot camp, and both were very chatty so early in the morning. We were joined by another boot camper, and all introduced ourselves. It was quite a different group from the first round with all the skinny girls.

Just before 6, Denise arrived and exchanged introductions with everyone. When she got to me, she just waved me off and said "hey, I know you!" I grinned inwardly as I felt like the boot camp veteran.

This time it's a small group, only 5 participants. They seem to be more friendly than the first group ever was. Of course, once again, I'm the biggest participant but I held the dreaded wall sit longer than most of them. Hah. Take that, rookies.

When they went on their round-the-block-in-three-minutes jaunt, I climbed on the elliptical. As I huffed and puffed trying to make it through the three minutes on that bad boy, I could only look longingly at my old friend the treadmill as it sat there idle, wishing I hadn't been grounded from it. But, that elliptical is my new challenge for this session, or at least until the podiatrist ungrounds me.

So, tomorrow I'll "sleep in" until 6:15 and enjoy it. Because Wednesday morning will get here pretty fast.

Until next time,
Kel

No comments: