Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful November - Day 2

Each November 2nd I am always thankful for the same thing - my Granny.

Today, she would have been 101 years old.  And if she was still here, I can guarantee you that she'd be as fiesty as she was when she was 81.  She was tough, loving and taught me everything I know about cooking.  

This little chef is one of the few physical reminders I have of her, and every time I make jambalaya, gumbo or potato salad, I look at him and say "Granny, I hope it's as good as yours!"  Somehow, his wry little smile tells me she'd be happy with the results.

Thank you, Granny, for being you and for being a part of my life for over 40 years.  I was lucky to have you be such an influence into my adult years and I miss you terribly.

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: