Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 97: Has it Really Been that Long?

When I was working, like most people, there were days when I hated my job. I would moan that I wish I didn't have to work and would joke about winning the lottery and living a leisurely life.


Yeah. That was then.


The reality is that I don't like staying home. I thought I would. But, after 97 days in exile from the working world, I realize that I really really really hate staying home all.the.time!


Oh, yeah, I could be cleaning my house. Or I could be scrapping or altering some treasures. Or reading a book. Or getting caught up on my Netflix queue. But where's the fun in that? And let me tell you, it's all way easy to ignore while I spend hours online reading job descriptions and watching reruns of Desperate Housewives and Will & Grace each day.

I have been searching for a job all this time. I'm now listed with two agencies who both specialize in IT positions in law firms. Maybe something will come from that. But I'm most excited about my new venture to get me out of the house: I'm volunteering at the gym!

Yes, the lovely ladies that own the gym I belong to have a 'volunteer' program where you work there a couple of hours at a time and get gym credit in return. I like that 'cause I use a lot of the services at the gym (like waxing!) and my time here can now be used in exchange for those services. Beside that, it makes me come to the gym and I have to work out while I'm here, right? And, it's helping me to sharpen my people skills: I can't be Connie Complainer when I'm sitting here greeting people!

So, even thoough this 'exile' seems to be never ending, right now, I'm in a good place!!

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: