Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Congratulations Christian!!!

Well, the day has finally arrived. One that I'm sure my dear sister Jamie and her husband Clif have both been looking forward to and anticipating with some amount of dread.


My 16-year-old godson Christian got his learner's permit today!


He's now taking that first big step toward his adult life and let me tell you, I'm proud of him, even though I'm just a little sad. We all grow up, and he's doing it so well. But I still think of him as that cute little red-headed boy that could steal my heart with his smile. Come to think of it, he's still that little boy to me, only a lot taller and with a deep voice.


It's really a big week for him - first his permit, and tomorrow, the first day of his junior year of high school. Ooof. That's hard to take all in one week. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to feel.


So, Christian, my favoite red-headed boy, good luck in your two big ventures for this year. And remember - no cell phone or texting while you're driving -- even if it's me!!!!!!!


Until Next Time,


Kel

No comments: