Sunday, February 21, 2010

Haven't Been Taken By the Mother Ship....

I'm shocked at myself that my last post was on New Year's Day.  And today's February 21.  That's 50 days that I've neglected my blog!


Let me get you a little caught up on what's been happening in Kel's Korner.


The New Job:  I'm happy to report that I'm still employed.  This week I'll make the 90 day mark and according to employee handbook, will get reviewed by my boss.  I really like working for a man.  He's straight up - no guessing about what he's thinking.  He's got a great sense of humor, gets my sense of humor and really really knows what he's doing.  Keep you fingers crossed that the review goes well and I'll still be employed in another 90 days.


The Saints:  What can I say, except WHO DAT!!!  I can't believe I didn't get here and blog about the success of the team I've loved since I was 4 years old. The season was unbelievable, capped by a playoff win and then not only the appearance in the Super Bowl, but a win!  My only regret is that I couldn't be in New Orleans celebrating with my family.  But believe me, I did my share of celebrating all by myself!


Mardi Gras:  It was this past Tuesday.  Happy Mardi Gras a little late.  With the end of Mardi Gras comes Lent and the obligatory "I'm giving up such and such for Lent."  This year, it's Diet Coke, sugary snacks and fast food.  Yeah, that's three, but three hard ones that are, in the long run, good for my health.  I've been a bit of a beyotch for the first couple of days, mostly from giving up the Diet Coke.  Today I'm not nearly as hateful as I was, say, Wednesday.


Exercise:  One of the things I like about my new job is the benefits.  And one of those benefits is the "Healthy Incentive Bonus."  It's pretty simple:  exercise for at least 30 minutes 132 times between January 1 and November 30 and you get a $200 bonus.  Can you believe it?  So, that figures out to 3 times a week for 11 months.  I can do that!  And getting paid to exercise?  Could there be a better reason to get to the gym regularly?  In January I made it to the gym or walked (yes, I can exercise without going to the gym) a total of 15 times - 3 times over the monthly average.  For February, I've already been 14 times and still have this week to go - not too shabby for somebody who hates exercising, eh?


Life In General:  Not too bad.  Just trying to get a steady routine down with the job and not be so nervous every day.  I do become more comfortable with each passing week.  I'm sure that soon I'll feel like "myself" and will become an old pro at the new place.


I'm looking forward to 2 scrapbooking events in March:  a weekend retreat in early March and a super all-day crop near the end of the month.  I'm mostly looking forward to spending time with women I admire, respect and enjoy spending time with.


So, in a nutshell, that's it for now.  I promise to try to get back here on a more regular basis!!


Until Next Time,


Kel 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back blogging Kelly! It's been a busy year for you so far. Hope the review goes well!

Anonymous said...

And I'm happy to say that I'll be at both of those cropping events!!! Can't wait to see you again, Kelly! And, I'm glad your job is going so well!