Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Good Luck Clif!!!

Nearly 16 years ago, my sister Jamie married the man she fell in love with - Clif. They've weathered a lot through their marriage, including Hurricane Katrina, and yet their love for each other is as strong as it was in the beginning. They've got two great boys, Christian (my godson) and Nicholas and as a family, they're teriffic.

As I'm writing this, Clif is in surgery. He took a very bold step this year - he opted to have a lap band procedure to reduce his weight.

I have to say I admire Clif for deciding to do the surgery. I should consider following his lead and doing it, but I'm such a chicken. Jamie has been telling me about all the things he had to do to prepare for the procedure and I know I'm not ready for it. Things like lose 25 pounds before the surgery (umm, hello doctor? I've been trying to lose 5 pounds forever and they won't come off, what makes you think I can lose 25 before the surgery?) And a liquid diet for 5 days before the procedure, and 2 weeks after it's over. Yikes. I like to chew too much.

So, Clif, I'm pulling for you today! I hope the surgery is going well and that your recovery time will be short. And before too long, your life-long nickname of "Peanut" will be appropriate once again! I admire your courage and support you in your efforts to get healthy for yourself, my sister and those great boys of yours.

Until next time,
Kel

No comments: